Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Day 12 - Natasha King Photography - Project 365

preemie, baby, photography, Delaware

I sit here eating the sugar free, reduced calorie, chocolate pudding that I mistakenly picked up at Walmart. And as a public service announcement I thought that I would just put out there that - the quickest way to ruin something chocolate is to put the words sugar free and reduced calorie in front of it, ugh.

So on to today's picture. I was actually supposed to take this picture on the 17th when my little wild one would be exactly 31 months old. But I forgot (what can I say I'm forgetful) and so I'm just remembering today. Any-who, this is another public service announcement (of sorts): The new recommendations are to rear face your child for at least 2 years or until your child reaches the maximum height/weight limits of your car seat. Riding rear facing protects your child's spine in case of a collision. If you look closely you will see that the car seat in front is more in focus than my son. That isn't by mistake. I realize that car seats aren't for fashion or convenience (don't get me started on the 20 minutes it takes to get a kid in and out of the car) - but for safety.

2 comments:

  1. Just to think when Ty was Tony's age he was riding in the front seat of my car rear facing...And it was legal! What happened. Did we start having more accidents, got smarter with more test or did we start TEXTING and CELL PHONE CHATTER while driving! Loving the picture

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right! I do believe cell phones happened. And they stopped building cars like tanks, now the tiniest bump and the whole car falls apart.

    ReplyDelete